Programme Risk & Assurance Manager
Calibre Global is one of the largest Pit to Port Mining Engineering Services providers in Australia, and has recently commenced operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa, from its London office. This is an exciting time for Calibre Global’s EMEA Region. We are continually expanding through a number of high profile projects and this is a great time to be a part of the Calibre story.
This role has overall functional responsibility for Risk and Assurance across the programme of works being undertaken by Calibre on behalf of BHP. A key focus of the role is to lead the development and application of Risk as a critical tool for maximising value and minimising uncertainty in achieving Client objectives (with a Calibre context) including fulfilment of contractual obligations within prescribed schedules, funding parameters and to agreed standards. This position is matrix in nature and reports directly to the Programme Director and has a functional relationship with the Group Quality and Risk Manager.
Service to projects
- Lead the development (design, document, templates, tools) and implementation Risk management for the programme based on AS/NZS ISO 31000 and aligned with Client requirements
- Develop and deliver formal and informal Risk Management training supplemented by mentoring as required.
- Provide risk advice and support to the team including application of appropriate Risk assessment methodology in association with product and objectives.
- Provide periodic Risk reports to senior stakeholders on status of programme.
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd party auditors to enable audits to be effectively and efficiently undertaken and ensure subsequent actions documented, monitored and closed-out.
- Develop, implement, monitor and periodically report to senior stakeholders on performance of the assurance program.
- Liaise with the client in order to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction of performance.
- Manage Risk and Assurance resources for the programme.
- Drive continuous improvement on risk and assurance process and management across the Programme.
Service to personnel
- Team succession planning.
- Performance and remuneration management.
- Provide training, mentoring and advice for the programme team in regards to Risk and Assurance to ensure effective outcomes.
Service to business
- Supports good Governance of the organisation to give assurance that all business units comply with agreed operational principles, business management procedures and processes by ensuring that internal audits are carried out in a timely manner to minimise business risk.
- Provide periodic reporting to the Programme Director (and other stakeholders as defined in associated plans) regarding progress and performance of the project compliance program.
This position is authorised to sign documents under their direct control. This position is authorised to manage quality assurance and risk personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership, management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to contribute to the strategy and planning process, "can see the big picture”.
- Conceptual and creative thinking with very strong analytical skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Operate both at a strategic level and detailed level.
- Client focussed.
- Strategic and tactical thinker.
- Has a good team based ethic.
- Good listener.
- Results orientated and self-starter.
- Able to communicate effectively with all people.
- Able to maintain composure under all circumstances.
- Actively encourages and engages those reporting to the position.
- Willingness to accept accountability and to delivery against that accountability.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Risk Management.
- Approved auditing qualification and experience in facilitating and conducting audits.
- Detailed understanding and practical application of AS/NZS ISO 31000 (AS/NZS 4360)
- Knowledge of AS/NZS 4801(OHSAS 18001) AS/NZS ISO 14001 and AS/NZS ISO 9001
- A mature understanding of business process and a clear understanding of what is important and what is not.
- Experience in project based operating environment
- Management and leadership experiences, including direct line supervision.