Regional Pressure Engineer - East Midlands - 12 Month FTC
REGIONAL PRESSURE ENGINEER - EAST MIDLANDS (12 MONTHS FTC)
Location: DERBY with travel in the EAST Midlands region
Are you looking to develop and improve within a professional and successful FTSE 100 company?
We are currently recruiting for a REGIONAL PRESSURE ENGINEER to identify, design, manage and implement the optimisation of pressure management opportunities on a regional basis, whilst supporting the Pressure Management Team in ensuring the delivery of the company's targets. It also involves supporting the resolution of DG2 schemes where appropriate.
The role will involve liaison with other departments and working with our contract partners to deliver cost effective pressure management opportunities. You will be based from our Derby office and some travel throughout the East Midlands region required.
The REGIONAL PRESSURE ENGINEER is responsible for:
- Developing, updating and managing STW base data on Pressure Controlled Areas (PCAs), pressure control assets and optimised operational settings
- Analysing data to identify pressure management opportunities and development of suitable options to move system-wide pressures towards our Standard
- Optimisation of existing pressure managed areas, including the use of advanced pressure management technologies
- Co-ordination of pressure management activities between O&M, Asset Creation, Service Delivery and Asset Management teams
- Co-ordination of Pressure Management Field Technician resource to investigate and implement pressure management schemes
- Delivery of leakage savings against the AMP5 programme
The CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST will have experience of:
- Understanding of hydraulics to undertake hydraulic investigations into the water distribution network and identify/deliver opportunities to manage network pressure
- Ability to investigate issues in the water distribution network and experience of developing solutions to address the root cause of problems identified
- Analysis of flow and pressure data and problem solving skills
- Project and multi-disciplinary team work
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Good IT skills and computer literacy
- Full driving license and own car required.
- Design and installation of pressure management schemes
- Working within a regulatory framework
- Preparation of succinct technical reports and business cases
- Presentation of complex information in a non-technical format
- Preferably degree educated in a relevant Engineering or Construction field or equivalent.
- If not degree educated then education to an A-level standard or equivalent, with a science background.
- Relevant technical experience in a pressure management related background is essential
About Our Client
Severn Trent Water serves over eight million customers across the heart of the UK, stretching from the Bristol Channel to the Humber and from mid-Wales to the East Midlands. As a FTSE 100 company, they can offer a wide range of career opportunities and attractive benefits.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.