Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Key duties will include:
- A good understanding of geological principles as they relate to engineering practice, including knowledge of standard engineering geological logging and mapping procedures
- Ability to analyse site investigation data to produce valid interpretative models for use in engineering design
- Ability to design and schedule site investigations appropriate to development or design requirements
- A good understanding of geomechanical principles and their application, including some or all of:
- Soil mechanics and foundation design
- Rock mechanics and rock mass behaviour
- Slope stability and slope remediation
- Groundwater behaviour
- Project management
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
· Experience both on site and in the design office is preferred. Experience in the rail and/or tunnelling sectors would be advantageous.
· Preferably a degree in civil engineering
· Preferably an MSc in either Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering
· CGeol or CEng would be desirable but not essential
· Good reporting and communication skills in both personal and written form
· Ability to manage own time; other engineers and technicians; SI subcontractors
· Be familiar with either UK standards or equivalent Eurocodes
· Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designer’s requirements
· Sound understanding of requirements regarding the design risk assessment process
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
· Must have experience working in a design environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.