Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Job Ref: 11574
Job title: Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer to join their Development Infrastructure team in the Glasgow office to assist in project delivery and business development.
The Development Infrastructure team specialises in providing detailed design and high level advice (including expert witness services) to private and public sector clients on planning and design issues relating to highways, drainage, flood protection, earthworks and service coordination on a range of projects both in the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your principal role will involve:
- Project management of schemes whilst providing advice, engineering knowledge and design experience to a range of clients on planning and design issues relating to:
- SUDS and sewerage on residential, retail, industrial, commercial, education and healthcare projects
- Providing guidance to junior members of staff and assistance in the day-to-day management of the team
- Responsibility for preparing project fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Client care and Business Development will also be important aspects of this role.
- Responsibility for ensuring that projects are technically correct and validate that they meet the contractual requirements and are delivered within budget and programme.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate should possess:
- A civil engineering degree and be chartered or near chartered status (CEng, MICE)
- Extensive experience in both highway and drainage design and a wide knowledge of the development industry.
- Good working knowledge of the design and modelling of sewers and SUDS using WINDES
- Experience with the design of streets and highways (PDS experience advantageous)
- Experience in applying protocols and procedures in conjunction with the Scottish government, highways agency, local authority and drainage design guidance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing international engineering consultancy and have the room to grow your career in an established local office with a great working environment.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or GJM@mattinsonpartnership. com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership .com