Senior Engineer – Coastal and Water Management
Through new opportunities and an increasing workload we are looking to develop and expand the Reading Water Management Team’s coastal offering.
This role is to work with the Water Management Director and Business Lead to expand and deliver coastal engineering schemes.
You will be working with an established water management team who currently focus on fluvial and surface water management schemes. The team has a diverse skill set and portfolio with sectors in hydraulic modelling, flood risk management, surface water drainage design, consenting, restoration and river, reservoir and lake engineering.
You will bring skills which will complement the existing engineering team and the breadth to allow expansion into the coastal sector.
We are looking for ambitious people with a background in coastal and water related engineering schemes to deliver similar schemes for our public and private sector client base. We offer a great working environment with the opportunity to expand and develop your career.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Development of the coastal engineering capabilities in our Reading Office
- Design of coastal and fluvial engineering schemes
- Development and delivery of land development, coastal flood defence and water management schemes.
- Option appraisal to develop economic and sustainable infrastructure solutions.
- QA checks of design drawings and technical information.
- Project co-ordination, client liaison and financial budget control.
- Delegating and supervising work of more junior team members
- Mentoring and training more junior team members
- Support the team leader in managing the team’s workload.
Capabilities and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who has a BEng/MEng degree in Civil Engineering and has achieved or is working towards chartered status.
The candidates should show strengths in the following:
- Detailed civil engineering design experience with a coastal and water management background.
- Experience of working with developers on coastal and water management schemes and developing new business opportunities.
- Have experience of economic appraisal of capital projects.
- Be experienced in liaison, consultation and chairing meetings with third parties and clients.
- Be experienced in project, budget and resources management.
- Team management and mentoring of junior staff.
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports.
Ideally the applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
To apply please click the button below to complete our online application.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work.
Peter Brett Associates LLP provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people at PBA are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners.
To find out more about Peter Brett Associates LLP and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit our website www.peterbrett.com/home
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.