Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) - Warrington, UK
The principal function of the 3D BIM Technician role is to provide support to the Water Business Group in the works we undertake on the UU CDP programme as part of C2V+.
CH2M HILL is in a Joint Venture with Volker Stevin (the Joint Venture is known as C2V+) that has been successful in securing one of the Construction Delivery Partner (CDP) positions with United Utilities. The CDPs are a key element to United Utilities strategy for the delivery of their AMP6 investment plan and for fulfilling their commitment to provide class leading service to their customers.
United Utilities is one of the largest water and sewerage companies in England; both in terms of population and geographical spread. As a result, C2V+ is getting the opportunity to deliver a varied portfolio of work that encompasses Water and Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and improvement works to both the wastewater collection and potable water distribution systems.
The capital value of the delivery projects covers a wide range; some are in the £40m+ bracket through to those at around the £1m.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena.
The candidate will be reporting to the United Utilities Design Manager and Water Europe BIM Technical Leader.
Responsible for the CAD/BIM deliverables for the United Utilities CDP within which typical tasks will include:
• Review deliverable work.
• Ensure all conformance with CH2M HILL standards and UU requirements.
• Ensure deadlines are met and communicate to the team and wider community of any problems.
• Participate in local and regional CAD/BIM groups.
• Able to co-ordinate work across offices and regions internationally.
• Be reliable and accountable for deliverables.
• Perform Quality Control checks to ensure deliverables meet requirements and record these on the checklists
• Serve as mentor for less experienced technicians.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have proven experience of delivering design work for a water and waste water company.
• Have extensive experience of producing 3D Structural models and associated design drawings and deliverables.
• Be proficient in discipline specific design authoring packages. In particular one of:
◦Or equivalent software.
• Have excellent 3D modelling skills with a solid understanding of the tools available, their uses and limitations.
• Have a knowledge of interoperability of geometry between design authoring packages and have a basic understanding of the workflows required to bring models from one system to another.
• Have experience in working with an Electronic Document Management System
• Be active in seeking assistance
• Be constantly looking to develop ones skills and knowledge in line with the local and regional aspirations. Proactive in advancing workflows, systems and tools within their own discipline; embraces emerging technologies.
• Experience in working within CAD teams and distributed work share.
• Proven experience of working successfully in a multi-disciplined organisation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
• Motivated and enthused member of the team.
• Proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process.
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.