River Engineer - Glasgow, UK
3 days left
- Job Type
CH2M are looking for a River Engineer to become an integrated and key member of the Water Consultancy team in Scotland.
You will be predominantly assisting in the delivery of major flood prevention schemes around Scotland and commissions awarded under Local Authority Frameworks.
The successful candidate will be Working as part of our innovative, experienced and well respected team on projects including Hawick Flood Prevention Scheme, Grangemouth Flood Prevention Scheme and Surface Water Management Plans for various local authority clients.
• Delivery of feasibility / option appraisal studies relating to flood protection schemes and natural flood management projects
• Management and delivery of work packages forming for major flood protection schemes, or management of entire Surface Water Management Studies
• Identification and appraisal of innovative solutions to solve flooding problems, including structural and non structural solutions
• Coordination of multi-disciplinary design and planning teams
• Liaising with client representatives, local contractors, government agencies, local authorities and suppliers
• Preparation and administration of contracts and tender processes on behalf of clients
• Assistance with the preparation of bids
• Mentoring junior staff
• Reporting directly to the Project Manager
• Have as a minimum a BEng or equivalent in civil engineering
• Be a Chartered Engineer or close to achieving Chartership
• Significant experience and detailed knowledge of the UK Water Industry
• Experience delivering feasibility studies and identifying options for water and flooding projects
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven track record delivering flood protection schemes
• Knowledge and experience of promoting flood protection schemes under the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 and associated regulations
• Knowledge and experience of applying for simple and complex licences under the Water Environment (Controlled Activities) (Scotland) Regulations 2011
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.