Senior Asset Manager (Highways) – Hertford
We are seeking a Senior Asset Manager to establish and enhance the reputation of Opus UK in the field of highways asset management with multiple clients, particularly in the South East and East of England regions, as well as greater London. You’ll also be a key leader within the asset management team at Hertfordshire County Council as part of our Client Support Term contract with JV partners Arup.
Opus are known for our ability to establish practical links between strategic objectives and operational realities. You’ll need to have a strong background working in the tactical realm of highways asset & network management to align your work with our clients’ expectations.
- Technical lead for a range of strategic, tactical and operational asset management projects, particularly in the local authority highways sector
- Assist the Team Leader in establishing the standards for the business through your actions and behaviours
- Demonstrate asset management leadership to clients through building strong relationships, successfully delivering projects, training and sharing knowledge from technical networks
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of industry best practice, and identify suitable ways to apply it locally
Key benefits of the role include:
- Providing key input to our established team embedded in Hertfordshire County Council as the local technical expert
- Being an important part of an exciting growth period for Opus in the UK as we develop our asset management portfolio with local authority clients
- Responsibility for development of a client base
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in asset management, with specific highway asset management experience
- A degree, or equivalent professional experience, in a relevant field
- Demonstrable experience of the following is desired:
- An ISO55001 approach to asset management
- Highways Maintenance Efficiency Programme (HMEP) tools
- The full lifecycle of risk-based forward works programme development
- Working at a strategic level in client organisations
- Managing technical staff to deliver on asset management projects
- Managing a challenging and varying workload which is subject to change at short notice
- Working in a UK local government environment and good political skills
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Asset Manager who is prepared to develop and maintain excellent client relationships through strong project delivery and technical leadership. You’ll need good project management skills and a knowledge and competency base across a wide range of asset management topics applicable to the highways sector.
You couldn’t be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and to top it all, we have just been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus – Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.