Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£45000 - £50,000 + Fantastic benefits package
This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join an award-winning, highly successful and expanding consultancy firm in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
Established in 1990 the company has grown steadily to become a practice of over 60 staff, securing and delivering a broad range of award-winning, high profile projects with leading architects and clients. The practice specialises in delivering bespoke, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions to projects with construction values ranging from £1m to £20m, and has an unrivalled reputation for high quality. It is now looking to start its next period of growth and is seeking ambitious and capable Senior Mechanical Design Engineers who are looking to broaden their horizons, and to develop both their own career and the business in which they operate.
Typical examples of projects include:
- Schools / Universities
- Grade Listed Buildings
- Low carbon Commercial properties
- High Class Residential
It has been identified they need an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, with a mechanical bias, to help support the current practice structure and future practice growth needs by being capable of developing into a Principle/Associate Engineer within a reasonable timescale. The role will involve taking a lead on projects from conception right the way through to completion. You will be working with an experienced team of engineers and will be expected to help develop more junior/Graduate Mechanical engineers as well as supporting them through a range of large and small scale projects. Along with this you will attend design and client site meetings and be confident in liaising directly with clients, architects and suppliers.
Candidates who apply for this role will need to:
- Have a range of 5 to 10 years' building services design consultancy experience, having taken a lead role on a range of project types.
- Be a self-starter who is capable of articulating verbally and non-verbally in a highly technical and professional manner.
- Be degree qualified, having completed an engineering or science degree, however candidates who have reached HND level and can demonstrate the required skills will also be considered.
- Have experience of sustainable design, including some thermal modelling experience, using IES or TAS is highly desired, along with experience of using industry standard design packages such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- In return they can offer you the opportunity to join a highly successful and expanding consultancy, which will in turn provide you with access to:
- An expansive portfolio of projects with leading architects, in UK and abroad.
- Opportunities for training in all disciplines, mechanical, electrical, sustainability, etc to support their multi-disciplinary approach.
- Excellent career development and progress opportunities
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package, including BUPA health cover, employer pension contributions, life cover, critical illness cover, mobile phone, profit share bonus scheme, professional subscriptions.
- A stimulating, relaxed and enjoyable working environment