Qualified Supervisor - BAM Nuttall - North West
Qualified Supervisor - Highway Electrical - Warrington.
Our Highways Division requires a Qualified Supervisor to manage the construction delivery teams and ensure that the business objectives of high productivity and low costs are delivered through skilful utilisation of all types of resources.
Your key activities include:
• To act as Technical Advisor for Lloyds Register National Electrical Registration Scheme (NERS).
• To set a personal example and promote best practise in safety, quality and environment, our Beyond Zero culture to eliminate harm to people and the environment
• To ensure that the law is complied with at all times, including SHEQ, and CDM Regulations.
• To be conversant with current issue of technical reference documents, appropriate British standards, Adopting Utility Codes of Practice, Provider safety procedures and, Adopting Utility Distribution Safety Rules.
• Ensure that all safety and environmental policies and procedures, legislative and statutory obligations are met in full.
• Manage all sub-contractors and all subcontracted elements of projects.
• Monitor workforce operational performance to ensure that all objectives are met and that problems are anticipated and resolved.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with NERS and NRSWA specifications.
• Ensure that all personnel are competent through competency assessments and are adequately trained to carry out duties.
• Continually monitor performance and foster a culture of team working and safety.
• Responsible for the health, safety and environmental issues pertaining to safe control of operations and maintenance of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001 accreditation.
• Manage audit regime and KPI's as directed.
• Manage in full directly reporting teams including management of all documentation relating to completed work and annual sick / holiday leave and bonus payments.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Working in the Electricity Industry with 5 years' experience working on major projects.
• NVQ Level 3 or B Tech or City & Guilds in Electrical Craft Practice.
• Electrotechnical Certification Scheme - Distribution Networks Electrician.
• Knowledge of legal requirements Electricity, H&S, CDM, and NRSW Acts/Regulations.
• Management of risk awareness.
• Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
• Basic First Aid.
• Lifting and Handling training.
• Effective Communication skills.
Electrical competencies required for this post:
• Appointment in writing by the Authorising Officer.
• Good working knowledge of current relevant statutory regulations including COMAH.
• Broad technical knowledge relating to electrical DNO experience in Jointing and Switching.
• Interpretation of Utility Drawings.
• Identification Procedure electricity cables and other utilities' plant.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.