Electrician - Street Lighting - BAM Nuttall - North West
Electrician - Street Lighting - North West England.
We are currently seeking an Electrician to carry out electrical repairs, maintenance and installation work to highway lighting, illuminated sign and electrical street furniture installations.
Your key activities will include:
• To carry our electrical repairs, maintenance and installation work to Highways, Lighting, Sign and associated cabling networks in accordance with the BAM Nuttall working procedures.
• To organise and plan your daily work, to record and submit all details of work carried out on relevant works orders, using the current Schedule of Rates for Lighting Maintenance Work.
• To drive a company vehicle in connection with installation work. Carry out daily vehicle checks and complete associated paperwork as laid down by the Commercial Services Quality Assurance Procedures.
• To participate in the services out of hours emergency call out rota when required.
• Be willing to work overtime as and when expected.
• Providing all relevant information to the Street Lighting Supervisor / Contract Manager so administrative records can be kept for management and invoicing purposes.
• Carrying out pre and post inspections, when required, and ensure quality work standards, specifications and Health & Safety requirements are maintained to contractual and legal requirements
• To make sure all work is carried out in a safe, proper and thorough manner taking into account Health and Safety legislation and BAM Nuttall policies and procedures.
• To be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee.
• To participate in the Service's out of hours emergency standby rota as per the issued rota list, taking into account contractual or staff circumstances.
• To carry out lamp replacement on street lighting, illuminated signs and associated street furniture.
• To test locate and repair faulty components on street lighting equipment, illuminated signs and bollards.
• To carry out installation work of street lighting equipment, illuminated signs, illuminated bollards and associated street furniture.
• To carry out street lighting underground cable terminations and joints.
• To test, inspect and issue certification in accordance with the requirements of BS7671.
• To complete statutory records as required.
• To provide technical advice where required.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Carrying out electrical repair, installation and maintenance work relevant to street lighting stock, public buildings and works depots.
• Carrying out all aspects of recognised electrical work using hand and power tools.
• Must have served a recognised electrical apprenticeship.
• Hold C & G 2380 (IEE Wiring Regs, 17th edition).
• Must hold a current driving licence.
• Ability to work outside normal working hours in co-ordination of the Service's emergency callout service.
• Willingness to work overtime as required.
• Willingness to work away from home as required.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.