Resident Engineer- Marine and Breakwater
At present I am recruiting for a Resident Engineer role for a major terminal project in Iraq. This is a mixed role as it will be working directly with the Project Manager and perform a number of site based activities within; marine surveying, piling, construction supervision, breakwaters, offshore work and vessel management.
These activities are:
- Supervising and monitoring the activities of the Contractor for the Marine side of the project; encompassing surveying and dredging activities.
- Supervising the Senior Marine Inspector and Assistant Resident Engineer in the management in line with FIDIC (Yellow Book) through the compiling of reports on progress, quantity and quality of the Marine Activities.
- Coordinating with Teams of Surveyors to monitor the breakwaters critical setting out, quantities and levels of settlement
- Coordinating with the Geotechnical Engineer to monitor the materials to be used and the geotechnical aspects of the breakwater design and construction.
- Managing the daily activities of the Contractor on site and by reviewing daily returns.
The role is offering an excellent ex-pat package of;
- Flights (rotation of 9x3 or 6x2 weeks)
- Travel and transport
- Food & expenses
- Salary in the region of 8,000 to 12,000 euros (tax free and negotiable)
This is a long term role with a very well respected Consulting Engineering business. It offers a great platform for ambitious marine engineers who are looking to develop their skills and experience in a challenging location.
This will look great on a CV and offer fast progression to more senior positions and responsibility.
Please contact d.killeen @ewirecruitment.com and send an up to date copy of your CV along with contact details, your salary requirements and your notice period.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
Apply for Resident Engineer- Marine and Breakwater
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly