Project Manager (Flood and River Engineering) - Warrington, UK
We are seeking Project Manager to join an established river engineering practice, working on a range of projects that make a difference to local communities and the environment.
You will operate in a thriving Water and Environmental Management team which undertakes a wide variety of flood risk management, water resource, drainage and catchment planning commissions.You will be based in Warrington and have the chance to assist in the delivery of our portfolio of projects working as part of an integrated and forward thinking team. There will be opportunities to work on the EA WEM programme of works in the North and provide support to other regions throughout the UK and further afield.
The position is focused on supporting the delivery team in providing a technical lead on projects and providing the main link with less experienced resources helping drive solution identification and design development.
Working on a range of commissions within the water sector, the role will include responsibilities for the management and leadership of studies, feasibility and design projects, for supervision and contract administration services and for managing and overseeing the production of outline and detailed designs, reports, drawings, tender documents, specifications, feasibility studies, and asset management works.
Specific duties include:
- co-operation with commercial manager and technical team
- technical proficiency in the detailed design and specification of water engineering works
- experience with scheduling (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems
- delivery of projects through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout
- familiar with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract
- ability to visualize solutions to ensure that holistically complete solutions are developed, taking into full account health, safety and environment in all project phases
- completion of scopes of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M HILL’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met
- mentoring of graduate engineers in design practices
Candidates will possess a Degree in Civil Engineering (or other relevant engineering discipline) and will be a Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
You will have demonstrable relevant experience in the following:
- Package management and realisation (efficient and timely completion of project tasks in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents) of appropriate packages of work within budget and work schedule, efficient flow of documents, contacts and cooperation with subcontractors
- Participation and sub-leadership of multi-disciplinary teams driving solution development to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders
- Participation in projects funded by the UK Environment Agency
- Sound hydraulic and engineering aptitude and ability (including the ability to design to BS/Eurocodes)
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.