Team Leader - Highways
Team Leader - Guyana
My Client are a UK company who are currently preparing for an exciting Output and Performance based Road Contracting (OPRC) Project in Guyana. This project has recently been awarded and my clients would be interested in speaking to experienced candidates for the position of Highways Team Leader.
The Team Leader shall have proven ability to manage and administer road construction contracts, in developing environments, under OPRC General Conditions as well as FIDIC type of input contracts, as The Engineer or Project Manager, and shall ideally have at least 4 years of proven experience managing PPP and / or DBOMT and / or DBM and / or DBOM projects. Specific experience with contract documentation, road design, pavement structures, materials testing and data management would all be considered as advantageous. Previous successful and evidenced experience in a technical assistance role would also be considered as an advantage. Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory, whilst excellent communication skills are essential.
Qualifications and skills:
- The Team Leader shall be a qualified and registered Professional Engineer with an academic degree in Civil or Highway Engineering.
- The Team Leader shall have:
- A minimum of 20 years' experience in supervision of road construction/rehabilitation/maintenance and/or experience in highway design,
- Of which a minimum of 15 years of experience as Team Leader on supervision of road construction/rehabilitation/maintenance projects in developing countries.
- 5 years' experience in managing and administering road construction contracts under OPRC General Conditions, is mandatory.
- At least 7 years of proven experience managing PPP and/or DBOMT and/or DBT projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English are mandatory, whilst excellent communication skills are essential.
- Be conversant with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, M.S. Project and Power Point.
10,000 - 15,000 USD Per Month
If this position is of interest, please forward your CV to j.chattaway (@) ewi-group.com. Alternatively if you know any friends or colleagues, ewi recruitment offer a referral scheme
ewi is a international recruitment consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialise in recruiting Western & Eastern expats for major infrastructure and build projects across Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe and North & South America.