Project Manager - Urban Sanitation and Drainage - Mali
TEAM LEADER - URBAN SANITATION AND DRAINAGE - MALI
International consulting engineering firm are seeking a fluent French speaking Team Leader/Project Manager for a donor funded Urban Sanitation and Drainage project in Mali. The project is on hand and due to commence is November 2016 with an initial planned input of 10 - 12 months.
Objective of the Project:
The global objective of the project is to contribute to an improvement of the living conditions of the population especially the population living next to flooding areas and to reduce the risk of water-related diseases. The main objective of the project is to minimise flooding risks and the related economic and sanitary impacts. The total duration of the project is thirty (30) months.
Tasks to be provided by the Consultant
- Technical studies (Preliminary and Final Design), Tender Documents
- Assistance in tendering
- Assessment of implementation of works in HILO method
- Approval of Technical Design of Contractor and supervision of implementation of works
- Assistance during preliminary and final approval of works
- Approval of
- ESIA with ESMP
- Education of the population through information, education and communication campaign
The Project Manager shall be responsible for the overall project management, progress monitoring and quality assurance. He is the contact person with the National Sanitation and Pollution Control Directorate (DNACPN) and the main advisor. He will manage and coordinate all activities of the Consultant especially the activities of all other team members. The Project Manager will be based in Bamako. The duration of his input is twenty-four (24) months.
- PhD, MSc or Diploma in Civil or Hydraulic Engineering
- Excellent negotiation, communication, animation and managing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Fluent in French (spoken and written)
- Good conflict resolution and mitigation skills
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with KfW funded projects
- Minimum international professional experience of ten (10) years in management of urban sanitation projects and/or rehabilitation of urban sanitation infrastructures
- Experience in implementation, management and supervision of sanitation and infrastructure rehabilitation projects
- Proven experience in supervision and management of complex investment projects or programmes in the field of sanitation (Feasibility Studies, Preliminary Design, Final Design, Tender Documents)
- Proven Team Leader experience
- Working experience in West Africa
- Experience in supervision of urban and peri-urban sanitation and drainage networks
- Familiar with High Intensity Labour Force (HILO) method
For the appropriate project manager a salary of circa €7,000 - €8,000 per month would be available plus accommodation, flights, transport and package provided for you.
ewi is an international recruitment firm specialising in the appointment and search and selection of senior industry professionals to globally wide civil and infrastructure projects. If you are interested in the above role please send an up to date copy of your CV with your salary requirement and availability
Apply for Project Manager - Urban Sanitation and Drainage - Mali
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly