Principal Dams Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Principal Dams Engineer to lead our growing dams and reservoir business. The successful candidate will join the Flood Management Group at HR Wallingford and lead a team of engineers. The role will require excellent business development and leadership skills, underpinned by a strong technical foundation in dams and reservoirs - and related areas such as hydrology, flood control, hydropower, water supply, risk assessment and asset management. The role affords the opportunity for innovative research and development to support this growing business area.
The successful candidate will have:
- a good engineering degree in a relevant subject;
- 15 to 20 years professional experience;
- a Supervising Panel Engineer certification, or working towards, would be desirable;
- experience of project delivery in relation to dams and reservoir area;
- experience working in the UK and abroad;
- a working knowledge of national and international clients in this area;
- a track record of procuring and/or winning work in this area;
- an interest in leading research and development in this area;
- ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams;
- excellent inter-personal and client liaison skills; and
- excellent oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based at our Howbery Park campus near Wallingford, in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
HR Wallingford is a world-leading research and consultancy organisation. From flooding to shipping, offshore energy to climate change, we advise clients worldwide how to manage the water environment.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining staff of the highest calibre. We offer a stimulating working environment with competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Our excellent benefits package that includes a generous defined contribution pension scheme, life and permanent health insurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus three days Company holiday per year, flexi-time working arrangements, a childcare voucher scheme, an on-site restaurant and an active sports and social club with on-site sporting facilities.
How to apply:
To apply send your CV with a covering letter, clearly stating the vacancy of interest, to:
Kim Taylor, Personnel Manager, HR Wallingford, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, United Kingdom, or email email@example.com.
Closing date: 20 January 2017
HR Wallingford is an equal opportunities employer.