Civil Engineer to lead established firm's new office in Southampton
7 days left
Arch Henderson LLP is a long established firm of consulting civil engineers with a strong background in ports, harbours and heavy civil engineering. The firm has expanded its expertise to cover general civil engineering, structural engineering, engineering moving structures, architecture and nuclear engineering.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced civil engineer, preferably with maritime experience, to join our new Southampton office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to liaise with our existing clients locally and to work with the Partners to expand this client base.
Reporting to the Partners you will be supported by an established Engineering team with an excellent reputation for the successful technical delivery of challenging and exciting projects across a range of sectors including commercial, industrial and transportation.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Chartered MICE and/or MIStructE or at the advanced stages of preparing for professional qualifications.
- Strong background within civil engineering design including concrete design, steelwork design, geotechnical design and general civil engineering.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A basic understanding of business development
- Understanding of commonly used design software packages
- Experience of liaising with other disciplines
- Sound knowledge of design codes in steel, concrete, etc.
- Understanding or appreciation of Eurocodes
- Some experience of marine civil engineering would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will have demonstrable experience of managing and delivering all aspects of civil/structural projects under your control including:
- Implement project quality management
- Understand, record and obtain client instruction for project variation
- Comply with designer’s responsibilities under CDM regulations
- Undertake project financial management
- Provide support to Partnership in pursuing new opportunities and preparation of submissions
As part of the Civil/Structural Engineering Team you will be responsible for
- Supporting and integrating with Senior Engineering Staff
- Producing engineering designs to a required standard
- Producing bills of quantities and contract documents to a required standard
- Working to develop new relationships with our existing and new clients
- Reporting to Partners
Main Responsibilities (key tasks)
- To prepare engineering design calculations
- Attend and contribute to design and contract review meetings
- Take responsibility and be aware of product cost throughout the design engineering process
- To liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors and clients where required as part of the engineering design process.
- To ensure acceptable levels of accuracy in all information transferred from calculations to Drawings to Client and Supplier communications.
- To ensure and demonstrate Continuous Improvement in all aspects of engineering and design as appropriate.
Apply for Civil Engineer to lead established firm's new office in Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly