Business Development Manager for leading Civil Engineering & Rail Contractor
Main Purpose of Job
To contribute to the strategic development of the contractor by undertaking the role of Business Development Manager for the Rail & Highways Division. The role will encompass strategic business development as well as bid management and estimating for work within the division.
Context of Job
Our client is a multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, civil engineering, asset management and project investment sectors offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
Our business is focused on building and maintaining the infrastructure we all rely on in everyday life. We win work through positive personal relationships, understanding client needs and priorities, being innovative in the solutions we develop and delivering what and when we promise.
The post holder will be responsible to the Contracts Director – Rail & Highways
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain contacts with existing clients to secure work and tender opportunities
- Identify new business areas and workstreams
- Management of the Business Development
- Provide budgetary & technical advice to clients where possible
- Maintain contact with clients to provide both tender and contract feedback
- Maintain close contact with the contractors operational management teams
- Manage prequalification and tender submissions as required in Scotland
- Develop and co-ordinate our data collection
- Be pro-active in proposing new processes and systems to meet changing needs
- Contribute to the development of the companies Strategic Plan
Skills and Knowledge
- In depth knowledge of multiple sectors and the existing supply chain – current structure and thinking, future plans and future opportunities
- Ability to understand a potential client’s needs and to offer suitable services
- Conceptual thinker
- Ability to understand and build partnerships
- Leadership and responsibility
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions
- Good communicator
- Computer literate
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of business development at a senior level
- Minimum of 5-years relevant experience in the construction sector
- Holder of a relevant professional or vocational qualification
- Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual.
- Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment.
- Full and Valid Driver’s Licence