Senior Engineer / Engineer - Contaminated Land
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Reading office to work with a multi-disciplinary team that provides all aspects of contaminated land consultancy from preliminary risk assessment to remediation design and implementation.
You will be expected to undertake both office based and site based work with the opportunity to provide technical support to the team alongside expanding your project management and delivery experience.
- Preparation of cost estimates/proposals;
- Organising intrusive investigations, including health and safety aspects;
- Carrying out site work and managing sub-contractors;
- Preparation of Phase 1 and 2 reports;
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessments using commercial models including CLEA and RTM; and
- Mentoring and overseeing the work of junior staff.
- A good understanding of current UK environmental legislation and excellent technical understanding of contaminated land services
- and experience in the design, planning and delivery of Phase 1 and 2 projects including undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments (DQRA);
- Extensive experience on a range of contaminated land projects;
- Good computer and report writing skills with the ability to prepare factual and interpretative technical reports;
- Experience of effectively managing work on site and liaising with sub-contractors; and
- Ideally you’ll have some experience of supervising and mentoring junior staff.