Planning Manager for Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
The successful candidate will clearly communicate project objectives to the team to ensure clarity of direction, to ensure all parties are clear on priorities and that critical activities are achieved.
The successful candidate will work alongside the commercial team to ensure accurate reporting using Earned Value Management. They will be capable of investigating the results to ensure that data is accurate and representative of progress. They will be able to summarise period and cumulative project positions. They will be capable of troubleshooting when data is not representative.
The successful candidate will work with the project team to produce programmes to demonstrate the impact of change.
The successful candidate will have experience in the review and acceptance or rejection of subcontractor programmes.
Required experience, qualifications & Skills:
- Planning expertise: proven ability in Engineering Planning of major Highway Projects demonstrating a detailed working knowledge of construction methods and outputs of bulk Earthworks, drainage, pavement, highway structures and associated planning software
- Communication: Capable of communicating the programme to the team and gaining buy in to a clear vision of what is required in order to deliver on the projects objectives.
- Project Controls: Experience of working alongside the commercial team to provide accurate reporting of the project position using Earned Value Management.
- Commercial Awareness: Good commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the change process under the NEC3 form of contract.
- Reporting: Implements best practice when it comes to progress reporting using Primavera 6
- Teamwork: Confidently works with the engineering and construction teams to develop detailed plans for critical works. Identifies interfaces and problem areas and can work solutions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Professional approach
- High ethics
- Excellent team worker
- Demonstrates alignment to Company Vision and values
- Commitment to developing their career within Taylor Woodrow over the duration of the project and beyond
Apply for Planning Manager for Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly