Site Engineer for £18m Civils Project in West London
Your main role will be to provide the Project with accurate, informed interpretation of the specified project technical requirements. You will provide support to the project management and site team on all matters technical and provide some management support to the site manager.
- Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
- Resolving technical problems at all levels.
- Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
- The production of survey information and red – lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
- Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
- Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
- Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures. Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the works.
- Policies the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
- Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Work
- Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties
- Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works. Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met
- Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers
- Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used
- Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations, current working practice, contract specification or project requirements
- Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports
Health and Safety Responsibilities which include the following:
- Organise the works to maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to health.
- Give all project personnel under your control precise instructions on their responsibilities for correct safe working methods and ensure that they do not permit individuals to take unnecessary risks.
- Ensure the production of precise information and instructions to other project personnel in order to promote safe working methods.
- Ensure that all project personnel under your control are made aware of the safety precautions associated with their type of work through induction training, SMART briefings, tool box talks and daily workforce briefings at the start of each shift.
- Ensure that personal protective clothing and safety equipment is issued, correctly used and maintained.
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the project personnel under your control.
- Identify, provide and maintain safe systems of work through the use of risk assessments for all project personnel under your control.
- Ensure that any change in a previously established safe system of work, or an unusual use of plant is reported to the Site Manager to review and amend the Project Health and Safety Plan.
- Ensure that any damaged item of plant or equipment is taken out of use and not brought back into use until it has been properly repaired.
- Notify the Site Manager of any modifications or changes to plant/transport which may affect the safety of the unit.
- Ensure that all plant operators hold a valid CTA/CPCS cards and are authorised to operate that particular plant at the workplace.
- Demonstrate commitment.
- Stop Any Operations Considered to Be Unsafe, damaging to the environment or compromising quality.
We are looking for somebody who is degree / HND qualified as a civil engineer and who is competent with the works, setting out and basic quality / health and safety. You should be able to draft risk assessments and write method statement.
Candidates should hold a full driving license.