Our Skanska Technology team are seeking to recruit a Quality Director to provide strategic leadership and be responsible for continuous improvement in quality for Skanska UK. To develop and implement key measurables to identify and drive continuous improvement in quality management across the business, leading to improved customer satisfaction, reduction of non-conformances and elimination of post contract defects.
* Direct, develop, implement and promote the Skanska UK Quality Management System comprising Quality Planning, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement
* Provide strategic leadership to the organisation and be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality compliant contracts and services through robust quality management systems, processes and procedures.
* Adopt the CQI Competence Framework for personal development and to lead in areas of governance, assurance and improvement.
* Be responsible for improvements in the Skanska UK Quality Management System in the following areas:
We're looking for:
* Masters degree in a relevant engineering, technical or management discipline
* Fellow of Chartered Quality Institute, or actively working towards
* Fellowship with established contacts throughout the industry
* IRCA certified auditor preferable but not essential
* Knowledge of quality management systems and their application in relevant Skanska sectors
* Management of external certification for ISO 9001:2015
* Awareness of other standards such as ISO 27001:2013, BS 11000:2010, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007
* Internal auditor trained
This is a national role and will therefore require flexibility to work for periods from various Skanska offices and site offices.
Skanska Technology (ST) provides in-house Engineering Design and Consultancy support to a variety of Operating Units in Skanska UK and Skanska Global. ST provides Civil, Structural and Infrastructure design services for a wide range of design and build projects. Our Central Support teams are an integral part of Skanska, and comprise our enabling functions such as Human Resources, Communications, Finance, IT, Health and Safety, Legal and Technical Services. As part of this team you will provide the support needed to enable Skanska to achieve its purpose to build for a better society. Central teams are based at our head office in Hertfordshire with some regional business partners based across the UK.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.