Senior Bridge Engineer
AECOM are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Truro office and be part of the wider South West delivery teams.
Over the past few months we have had several major success on long-term framework contracts across the South West and we are now looking to enhance and grow the team with individuals with a sound technical background and share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team workload ranges from feasibility studies to scheme designs, detailed designs, assessments, inspections, construction support and management services on a wide range of bridges and associated highway but also railway infrastructure schemes.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Take a leading role in the design, assessment, strengthening and maintenance of highway structures.
• Prepare detailed design/assessments under minimal supervision.
• Assist with the commercial and financial control of your projects.
• Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Supervision of graduate engineers and technicians.
• Planning and project management.
• Prepare, implement and assess contract documents.
• Report writing and production of technical reports and documents.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from individuals with the following;
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
• Either a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IstructE, or close to completion.
• Experience with bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
• Experience in road and/or rail projects.
• High level technical skills in current inspection, assessment and design.
• Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
• Current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
• Good knowledge of Eurocode Standards.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.