Legal Support Assistant - BAM Nuttall - South East
Legal Support Assistant - Head Office, Camberley, Surrey.
A thrilling opportunity has arisen to join the Legal Services team of BAM Nuttall, a market leading civil engineering contractor. Reporting to General Counsel, this pivotal role will involve the provision of secretarial and administrative support for General Counsel and other members of the Legal Services team and will suit an experienced secretary or PA.
You will be the first point of contact for the Legal Services team, and will manage the team's general administration; organising meetings, seminars, travel arrangements and maintaining lawyers' diaries.
You will maintain the IT based document system, prepare written material in accordance with lawyer's guidelines, and attend meeting to take minutes.
We will require you to have the following qualifications and experience:
• At least GCSE or equivalent level of education is essential, with particular emphasis on English and Mathematics.
• At least one year's experience in office management / administration with good legal secretarial skills and experience.
• A typing speed of 60 WPM and excellent presentation skills together with the ability to proof your own work. A sound working knowledge of the latest software packages in use within the company (e.g. Word for Windows, Excel, Powerpoint and SharePoint). These skills will be required when producing correspondence, charts, presentation material and when designing forms.
• Strong organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise workload effectively, working to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to solve problems / queries in the absence of the line manager.
• Familiar with the formatting of legal documents such as contracts and pleadings.
• A good grasp of legal phrases.
The following are desirable requirements:
• Prior experience working in a law firm.
• Competence as an audio typist would be an advantage.
• Company pension scheme.
• 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year.
• Enhanced maternity pay and childcare vouchers.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.