Graduate Engineer (Highways)
This is a full time vacancy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Engineer to join our Hertford office, working within the Hertfordshire County Council Highways Integrated Transport Projects team, investigating and implementing highway projects to improve the operation and safety of the highway network.
- Delivering technical designs under supervision in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- To draft responses to queries in relation to schemes
- Carry out Risk Assessments and ensure that issues are raised with the relevant Senior Engineer.
- Carry out drainage and carriageway investigations and propose effective solutions.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Working within a dynamic, collaborative Joint Venture project team
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Great opportunity for advancement within the project team
To apply for the role you will need
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- A sound understanding of carrying out feasibility studies and able to provide engineering solutions in accordance with the current design standards and relevant manuals.
- The ability to project manage individual schemes and communicate information into our database systems.
- The ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A full UK drivers licence or equivalent.
- Although not essential, previous experience working with NEC contracts and accident investigation of Road Safety Engineering would be useful.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a client focussed engineer with hands-on technical experience, who thrives in a busy and challenging environment and who is keen to work in a multi-disciplinary environment. The role will include site visits around the County.
You couldn’t be looking to joining us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and to top it all, we have just been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus – Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please click on apply button
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.