7 days left
Department / Code: Track Systems, BTS
Main Purpose of Job: To co-ordinate and plan the permanent and temporary requirements at the F1 events for Formula One Management Limited and associated companies.
Responsible To : Team Leader; Track Systems Group Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To liaise with FOM departments regarding broadcast equipment location and to prepare and compile drawings (AutoCAD 16) of circuit layout, garage allocations, Broadcast Centre and TV Compound and other drawings as required.
- Act as liaison between FOM, the circuit, the FIA and outside contractors at the circuit to facilitate the smooth running of the Grand Prix from the Company’s perspective.
- Carry out GPS surveys of track and other areas as required using Trimble R10 / S6 survey equipment.
- Carry out measured building surveys of garages including services and surveys of other buildings such as the control tower etc.
- Set out Broadcast Centre compound and associated equipment.
- Liaise with the Circuit and FIA personnel to identify track safety lines and marshal light positions
- To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
- To undertake mandatory training within the specified time limits.
- AutoCAD 17
- Carryout GPS and Lidar Scan surveys
- Trimble R10 / SX10
- ONC or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or Building Studies or 2-4 years experience in a civil engineering or construction environment
- HND/HNC /BEng
- Construction or civils background
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Ability to use Total station / GPS survey equipment and associated software
- Good communication skills dealing with FOM personnel and circuit personnel. Report writing, chair meetings and verbal discussions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure unsupervised or as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use GPS and total station survey equipment and associated processing software
- Self motivated
- Team player
- EU driving license
- Ability to frequently travel for up to two weeks at a time. Up to twelve times a year.
Apply for Circuit Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly