Senior Drainage Engineer
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our London team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team; you will be expected to:
- Support and manage the development, design and construction process
- Undertake drainage design and analysis to ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of our technical work product
- Review technical submissions from designers relating to drainage
- Develop scope and services for package orders for contracts relating to drainage engineering
- Contribute to identifying and managing technical risk for drainage works
- Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE), or nearly Chartered, with the following experience and knowledge:
- Substantial experience in highways projects
- Substantial design experience in drainage engineering on rural and urban road drainage and waterways projects
- Experience of participating in feasibility studies, master plans and detailed designs in the UK
- Sound working knowledge of road drainage related standards (including DMRB and Eurocodes), specifications, contracts, methodologies, procedures and best practice
- Proficient in Microdrainage, HEC-RAS or similar modelling packages
Full details of this role can be found on our website