Senior Civil Engineer for Birmingham
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Engineer to join the Civils team in our busy Birmingham office on a permanent basis. The right candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral part of our young, motivated, enthusiastic and rapidly growing office located right in the vibrant heart of the city.
The role holder will have the opportunity to be intricately involved in the delivery from concept through to construction of a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects, from large mixed-use, residential or commercial / industrial projects through to city centre regeneration schemes.
Some of our current schemes include the delivery of the Paradise highway works in central Birmingham, the Birmingham Cycle Revolution, a 2,500 dwelling sustainable urban extension in Leicestershire, major new highway access arrangements to a leisure destination in Northamptonshire, a mixture of residential and commercial schemes throughout the Midlands, as well as large mixed use schemes in Scotland and leisure schemes overseas.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle (concept through to construction) in the areas of civil engineering, utilities, transport and hydrology
- Producing design drawings for technical approvals and construction
- Design of Earthworks, Highways, Pavement and Drainage and the preparation of the associated specifications
- Liaise with Local Authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals
- 3D Earthworks Modelling
- Delegating and supervising work of more junior team members and acting as a mentor
- Liaise with clients, other professionals and other PBA teams and disciplines on all relevant aspects of projects
- Assist during the implementation stage, including site monitoring
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player and ideally will have over 5 years’ experience and in addition should:
- Have proven experience of producing highway and drainage designs including S38, S278 and S104 designs
- Have extensive experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and / or MX, AutoTrack, and WinDES
- Be able to demonstrate their experience in the delivery of projects to time and budget
- Have the ability to communicate and liaise with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders at all levels
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook
Ideally the applicant will have experience of managing individuals or a small team and will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role.