Permanent SHE Advisor required for one of the UK's leading civil engineering and infrastructure contractors, to be based across a variety of projects throughout Surrey and the Home Counties.
My client is a reputable company with a strong forward order book of works and involved in several long-term frameworks, with the ability to offer the opportunity for future growth and development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working individual to join a well-established and successful main contractor and to work on prestigious, high profile projects.
As SHE Advisor, your duties and responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Undertaking regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
The successful candidate will ideally be degree educated and a member of IOSH, preferably with previous experience as a SHE Advisor working within the construction industry. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they possess the knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 (depending upon level of experience) plus package.
Please contact Chris on 020 3680 0650 to apply or for further details.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.