Principal Water and Wastewater Engineer
Principal Water & Wastewater Design Engineer
Closing date: 23rd October 2016
The Opus Water and Wastewater Conveyance team plays a key role in providing water and wastewater services across New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the Pacific Islands.
We are looking for a highly experienced water and wastewater design engineer, operating at a principal level, to join our successful team of water professionals.
- Lead and deliver projects from planning and concept stages through to design and construction;
- Build and nurture strong relationships with our clients and industry partners;
- Exercise sound technical leadership and provide mentoring to a committed team;
- Work within a large multidisciplinary business with a diverse range of projects and clients.
As a Principal Water and Wastewater Engineer you will have:
- A degree in civil or environmental engineering or a related field;
- At least 20 years professional experience in water related engineering;
- Expertise in the design of trunk mains, pipe networks, advanced construction techniques, pump station design and cost estimating;
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to develop and manage a client portfolio.
And what we can offer you?
- Experience on a range of exciting and challenging projects
- Work with teams across New Zealand and overseas
- Working with a successful multi-disciplined team;
- Our commitment to advance your professional development;
- Opportunity within any of our National Design Centres - Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton or Wellington;
- The flexibility to balance your time between providing your technical excellence on projects and building and expanding the consultancy business.
At Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. Come and make tomorrow with us.
Please view the position description to see further responsibilities and information and to apply click on 'Apply Now' to submit your current CV and cover letter.
For any further queries, please contact Vanessa Barter, Recruitment Advisor on 027 537 2973 or Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org