Project Manager- Singapore
Geovert is a Ground Engineering and Construction Company providing innovative restricted access solutions to the mining and infrastructure sectors. We deliver complex projects safely in any environment and operate Ground Engineering and Asset Integrity Management businesses. The company operates throughout the Asia Pacific, with offices in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
About the Role
We’re currently seeking a Project Manager with experience in Ground Engineering working on slope stabilisation projects as a subcontractor delivering the work to meet forecast programs. This role is based in Singapore and will be most suitable to someone who enjoys working on complex geotechnical projects and has experience managing projects in Singapore. It’s essential that we find someone that enjoys getting involved in all aspects of the business from project start up to completion. This requires having good commercial awareness, interpersonal and technical skills, comfortably communicating with site staff, management, clients and the public to ensure optimal professionalism at all times. The role will require you to have a Civil or Geotechnical Engineering degree and to begin with will involve the setting up, co-ordination and delivery of a significant yearlong project.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Geotechnical/Ground Engineering
- Formal qualifications in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Proven experience in managing construction / site personnel to produce excellent safety, quality and environmental outcomes
- Statistical reporting and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment
- A practical, hands on background in mining, infrastructure construction projects or infrastructure asset maintenance with knowledge of the tools and methods used will be highly regarded.
- Ability to travel
- Construction techniques in ground engineering for slopes, retaining walls and foundations
- Soil nailing, ground anchors, shotcrete, micro piling and injection grouting etc.
- Singapore Project Management experience
- Good forward planning and scheduling skills
- Contract appreciation and commercial awareness
- Cost effectively managing & procuring plant & materials
- Accurate project financial planning
- Organising and leadership of teams
- Experience in working with and managing plant
- Quality assurance of the works
- Environment and Health and Safety management
- Contributing to innovation and business improvements
Candidates must also be able to pass a pre-employment medical assessment.
You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include senior project engineer in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you