Engineer (Integrated Transport Projects)
Be responsible for leading and delivering projects with small discipline based teams, within the Integrated Transport Projects Team (ITP), based on site with our client Hertfordshire County Council.
Investigating and implementing highway projects to improve the safe operation and safety of the highway network. Able to provide technical and professional support to junior staff; directing how designs are developed and delivered effectively, and verify the quality of design outputs to ensure expected outcomes are met.
Using the company database to manage and report on the status of scheme deliveries, develop a good and full understanding of key performance indicators with the assistance of the Senior Engineer, ensuring all schemes achieve the required client satisfaction scores.
- Ensuring designs, drawings, reports, correspondence, certificates and other team outputs are delivered to programme and meet the required quality standards prior to release to senior members of the team and clients to be authorised effectively and efficiently.
- Lead small discipline based teams, projects or tasks.
- Ensuring project risks are foreseen and managed.
- Apply technical understanding and translate into sound engineering solutions for the delivery of projects ensuring the requisite technical and legal standards are met.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships within the Whole Client Service through communication with internal and external engagement, ensuring an outstanding service delivery is achieved.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Part of a dynamic, collaborative Joint Venture comprising the Client, contactor and consultant project team
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Friendly and efficient team
To apply for the role you will need:
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline or equivalent Highway engineering experience
- Independent engineer judgement; the ability to resolve technical issues with a minimum amount of escalation and provide innovative solutions for engineer problems.
- To demonstrate people, team and project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Although not essential, previous experience working with NEC contracts would be advantageous.
A fantastic opportunity for a Highway Engineer who is looking for their next big challenge and can demonstrate a high level of skill and ability relevant to this role.
You couldn't be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and to top it all, we were voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.