Enumerator (Data Collection Assistant)
Enumerator - Highways
This is a flexible vacancy based on a zero hours contract.
Working on surveys across Hertfordshire, you will work within a team of experienced and highly regarded Enumerators, collecting traffic, pedestrian and cyclist data as well as conducting interviews to support Transportations Studies.
- Manual traffic data collection, including undertaking volume, classification and directional surveys, at regular programmed sites and ad-hoc surveys.
- Manual pedestrian and cyclist counts.
- Leaflet deliveries to publicise forthcoming highway schemes or consultations.
- Other surveys such as parking, number plate and interviews.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Providing valuable, accurate data collection to support Highway schemes
- The role offers flexible hours, mostly during school term time and mid-week
- Being part of a respected and highly regarded Team
- Competitive hourly rate and mileage expenses paid
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to work a few days a week with some flexibility in hours and would suit someone who is able to offer long term commitment.
To apply for the role you will need:
- The ability to take responsibility for the data you collect and demonstrate that you have experience either; collecting data, undertaking surveys of handling data.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Have precise time keeping.
- Maintain a safe working environment for both yourself and for those working with you or in your vicinity.
- Be available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- A clean driving licence and the use of your own vehicle.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an independent person who enjoys working outdoors.
And you couldn't be looking to joining us at a better time, Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and top it all we have been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.