Trainee Utility Surveyor (Level A) - Stoke
Tower Surveys have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Utility Surveyor to join our growing team in Stoke. In this role, you will be assisting the utility survey team with the undertaking of duties associated with utility surveys on site and in the office.
- Assist utility surveyors with day to day operations of undertaking below ground utility surveying on site including lifting manholes, marking out services, taping, measuring offsets, levelling etc.
- Assist utility surveyors in the office including basic CAD work, undertaking statutory authority search requests, collating project folder information.
- Actively gain knowledge of basic principles of Electromagnetic and GPR techniques tracing techniques and basic understanding of different levels of utility survey (TSA/PAS128).
- Gain knowledge of data loggers, GPS, and other standard survey equipment appropriate for the position through personal development and equivalent training and experience.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Work on a broad range of national projects.
- Benefit from positive mentoring and leadership from our team of experienced surveyors.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for the role you will need: Ideally hold a construction related academic qualification (or equivalent training, qualification and/or experience).
- AutoCAD qualification (or equivalent training, qualification and/or experience) is preferable.
- To be adaptable, have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team on projects nationwide.
- This role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is looking to start their career in utility surveying.
And you couldn't be looking to join us at a better time, as part of the Opus group of companies, we have just been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.