Associate – Geotechnical/Geoenvironmental
Here at Peter Brett Associates (PBA) you can join an established Geoenvironmental and Geotechnical team in Cambridge which is a key part of our national Geotechnical business whilst having the opportunity to set the direction of your own career path.
We’re looking for someone to shape the Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental offering in the east and Midlands and lead growth of the team in the region whilst supporting the national business. You’ll provide geotechnical and geoenvironmental input to a wide range of brownfield and greenfield development schemes ranging from small sites for private developers to large multipurpose land development schemes for regional development agencies and blue chip clients, infrastructure and building schemes.
The position will be Cambridge office based but with a role that encompasses work in our Cambridge, Northampton and Birmingham offices and in the wider region.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Technical reviews of Phase 1 desk studies and Phase 2 Site investigations and Environmental statements
- Interaction with and supporting the wider PBA multi-disciplinary teams
- Interpretative reporting of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental site investigation
- Geotechnical design, analysis, advice and support on buildings and infrastructure projects
- Project Management
- Preparation of tender documents for Phase 2 investigations and remedial works
- Preparation of earthworks specifications and tender documents for Geotechnical and contaminated land remediation works
- Preparation of technical and financial proposals and budgets for the above works
- Business development
- Management of resources
- Mentoring and coaching staff
You’ll be Chartered, or approaching Chartered Status with proven experience in leading and developing people to deliver Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental projects.
We are looking for someone with proven commercial, business development, people and technical experience and skills, but as important is your drive and ambition to develop these skills whilst having the support and backing of the national business.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Geotechnical, Civil or Geoenvironmental Engineering
- A minimum of 12 years’ UK experience in delivering a variety of Geotechnical design projects
- A strong understanding of Geotechnical principles and soil structure interaction
- Practical experience of delivering infrastructure and contaminated land remediation schemes
- Experience of Geoenvironmental project management
- Experience of leading, developing and coaching staff
- Business development experience is desirable
- A full UK driving license is required.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.