Associate Geotechnics & Geohazards - Reading & Edinburgh
PBA have a well-established group of ground engineering professionals dealing with geohazards throughout the UK arising from the mining and quarrying legacy and from natural cavities. The group uses state of the art digital techniques to assess the risks presented by these features and to define and validate remedial solutions.
An increasing workload and geographical expansion has resulted in the opportunity forexcellent candidates to join our dynamic and successful team to deliver costeffective projects to our clients.
- Lead on projects and dealing with clients directly to provide technical rigour and re-assurance and working with the appointed PBA project manager to ensure smooth delivery of the project
- Lead the PBA technical team to ensure that the scope of works and pricing is accurate and competitive for projects, including preparation and checking of bids
- Provide expert advice in dealing with geohazards, particularly mining and natural cavities and landslides
- Business development – creating a good working relationship with existing and repeat business clients
- Minimum experience 10 years of geotechnics and geohazards
- Suitable relevant academic and professional qualifications at Masters level
- Chartered with demonstrable significant experience in investigating and dealing with land instability geohazards – particularly mining cavities, natural cavities and landslides
- Knowledge and application of geomorphological mapping techniques for hazard assessment and experience of using 3D techniques in both data acquisition and presentation
- Familiarity with the range, design options and costs of remedial measures as well as experience of working with relevant contractors for the various forms of shallow and deep level grouting, ground improvement and foundation installation options to suit different forms of hazard
- Experience of working with insurers/loss adjusters and councils, particularly in emergency circumstances where rapid reaction needed to take control and advising on safety measures
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.