Senior Manager – Proposals – Infrastructure
A well-known engineering Consultancy is seeking a Senior Manager to join the Proposals (Transportation) department. They require a Senior Manager with a track record in managing large scale complex rail and mass transit design projects. This role will be reporting into the VP/Senior Director of Transportation, covering and based in the Levant region.
- Effective coordination between proposal development teams and design sectors
- Provide input for the development of the Transportation Sector strategic and business plans, including project pipelines, key competitors across Geographies etc.
- Establish the proposals department budget and review with the VP of Transportation
- Provide fulfillment of all client requirement in the technical and commercial proposal submissions
- Maintain high level project delivery costs and price estimates prior to the development of the proposals based on market intelligence and experience
- Reinforce the VP/Senior Director - Transportation and Geography Managers in design tender participation decision making through estimating high level project delivery costs and likelihood of winning
- Review of contract terms and conditions and accurately calculate project delivery costs
- Assign Proposal Managers and proposal engineers to lead technical and commercial proposal preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years post qualified experience in the Engineering and Planning Industry/rail and mass transit design industry
- Experienced in working effectively with other engineering disciplines involved with rail/mass transit projects e.g. architectural design, structural design, drainage, signaling, traction power design, etc.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of proposal development and the tendering of proposals in the Middle East preferably with Government Organizations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organization, time management, estimation, scheduling and technical writing skills
- Extensive exposure to working in the Middle East including knowledge of the local rules and regulations