Framework Information Manager (Water) - Warrington, UK
We are seeking a Project Information Manager to align the delivery of all projects on a major framework contract within the water / wastewater industry.
CH2M is in a Joint Venture with Volker Stevin (the Joint Venture is known as C2V+) that has been successful in securing one of the Construction Delivery Partner (CDP) positions with United Utilities. The CDPs are a key element to United Utilities strategy for the delivery of their AMP6 investment plan and for fulfilling their commitment to provide class leading service to their customers.
United Utilities is one of the largest water and sewerage companies in England; both in terms of population and geographical spread. As a result, C2V+ is getting the opportunity to deliver a varied portfolio of work that encompasses Water and Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and improvement works to both the wastewater collection and potable water distribution systems.
The capital value of the delivery projects covers a wide range; some are in the £40m+ bracket through to those at around £1m.
The C2V+ Information Manager will be expected to align the delivery of all projects within the JV in accordance with the Framework Requirements. Identifying what is stored where contractually within the CDE requirements, utilising ProjectWise and Workspace. They will work with the BIM Information Manager, Document Controllers and delivery teams and will communicate the JV's information needs to delivery teams including supply chain and other key stakeholder teams.
They will work with the Design Managers / Project Managers to ensure the delivery of the Project Outputs meet the stakeholder information need and will be responsible for monitoring and recording adoption of PIM processes and any resulting project improvements.
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Providing Project Information Modelling leadership and advice
• Ensure that the MIDP is completed and delivered by the project outputs for the relevant assurance and acceptance requirements
• Work with the project delivery team to ensure appropriate IM standards and procedures (including Document Control and GIS) are established and maintained for each project
• Work with project discipline leads, design manager and project manager to ensure project deliverables meet the requirements of the MIDP, in terms of scope, completeness of data and timeliness
• Work with delivery teams to maximise the efficiency of the project team and support the achievement of project goals through the use of information technology tools and workflows
• Work with the tender and project delivery teams to establish best practice and knowledge sharing mechanisms within the Joint Venture to ensure best practice is applied and lessons learnt are shared and built into future best practice procedures
• Work with the UK quality manager to ensure systems, processes and procedures are in compliance with company quality standards
• Work with the BIM Information Manager to confirm supply chain capability to comply with UU's requirements. Where shortfalls exist work the relevant teams to improve performance
• Where required, work with asset owner to identify and discharge any obligations to comply with their Built Asset Security Information Requirements. (BASIR). Ensure their requirements are reflected in the BEP
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Candidates will be Degree qualified and have experience of establishing and customising Common Data Environments (such as ProjectWise, Business collaborator, Sharepoint etc.) on large scale multi-disciplinary water sector projects.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following skills and experience:
• A good understanding of UK BIM requirements would be advantageous
• Experience of implementing Project Information Management across multiple parties and systems
• Good understanding of Water Sector approach to Information Management especially asset integration and PAS 1192 and how that relates to the JV portfolio of projects
• Good understanding of BIM requirements and use of design collaboration systems (ProjectWise, Business Collaborator, Sharepoint, Workspace etc)
• Basic understanding of tools such as Microstation, and associated intelligent design authoring tools that operate on that platform
• C.Eng, BIM Certification
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.