Innovation and Industrialisation Manager
We are looking for an Innovation and Industrialisation Manager join our technology services business to be based in Hertfordshire. the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the vision of maintaining Skanska as the world leading Construction and Development Company by delivering/commercialising innovative solutions to increase operational efficiency.
Are you a leader and an entrepreneur who can translate innovation opportunities into commercial success? This role requires someone who is able to give particular technical focus areas for the team and the business, utilising digital engineering tools, construction automation, condition monitoring and smart city solutions. T
The role will not initially involve direct reports, but will require displaying strong leadership to influence and transform Skanska projects towards enhanced productivity.
- Identify business needs, develop proposals, arrange funding, manage delivery, lead implementation and roll-out across the business
- Deliver strong all round project management, ensuring projects meet time, cost and delivery requirements
- Ensure the us and development of digital tools for the planning and execution of construction activities to deliver efficiencies across the construction processes, including on and off site robotics and automation, Iot enabled condition based asset management, smart city solutions derived from diverse data sets relating to the built environment.
- Develop an understanding of the customer and gain insights into externally driven innovation requirements
- Coach and mentor innovation managers across the business
- Develop industry innovation partnerships with external organisations
- Develop knowledge networks related to innovation inside and outside Skanska
- Scout new ideas from across Skanska globally and from construction competitors
- Organise and engage Skanska employees in innovation workshops delivered to all levels of staff to help raise the profile of the Innovation Centre around the company
- Support projects that are delivered through external routes outside Skanska (Catapults, Research Institutes, and Universities)
We're looking for:
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant technical or technical commercial discipline
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop and execute business case
- A Good technical approach- quick to grasp technical solutions that will facilitate a contextual understanding of ideas/innovations proposed
- Skilled at collaborating with a wide range of people and organisations
- Ability to manage teams and projects including time and cost, KPI's and project reporting
- Awareness of intellectual property issues
- An understanding of the interrelated dynamics of the range of professionals working in the construction industry
- Proven project management experience
Technical Services brings together a number of disciplines across Skanska UK that are key drivers of operational efficiency. These disciplines include; procurement and supply chain, design and design management, building information modelling, industrialisation, quality, business improvement and innovation.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.