Assistant Building Structural Engineer – Bristol
Due to increasing workloads in our Structures team in our Bristol office a challenging opportunity has arisen for an Building Structural engineer to assist the Project Engineer and Associate Directors in delivering structural design within the Bristol building structures team as required.
• Assist the building structures project teams in the design and management of delegated engineering tasks and projects
• Help provide specialist technical input into the planning of projects and assisting others to correctly scope out projects, have appropriate inputs and outputs and verification activities.
• Maintain and improve expertise and knowledge over a wide range of Civil and Structural work areas with a particular interest in development of expertise in Building Structures.
Key benefits of the role include:
• Support to Chartership with the MICE or IStructE (funded and bonded program) with guidance from mentors to complete the training.
• An opportunity to develop your technical and management skills to the next level.
• Exposure to other designers so we you can understand and integrate their needs as well as ours.
• A team environment where everyone matters.
• Joining a company that knows its people are its most valued asset.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced graduate structural engineer looking to take the next step.
To apply for the role you will need:
• A proven track record in meeting client expectations.
• Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• A desire to work towards chartered status.
• Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience
For the full details and requirements of the role please refer to the attached position description.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus – Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.