Laboratory Technician - BAM Nuttall - London
Laboratory Technician - London.
We are seeking Laboratory Technicians to work on our major tunnel project in the Wandsworth / West London area.
Your key activities will include:
• Carrying out tests and sampling.
• Preparing the necessary equipment.
• Checking that equipment to be used is within calibration.
• Completing the sample registers when bringing samples into the laboratory.
• Preparing samples for test and retaining responsibility for them.
• Understanding what has to be done in accordance with the sample register and, if necessary referring to the Sampling or Test Procedure before, during or after the test or sampling operation.
• Carrying out the Procedure stated in the sample register and reporting immediately to the senior person present or the Laboratory Manager when a Procedure cannot be or is not, carried out.
• Entering on appropriate sheets all records, readings and results (including check readings or calibrations) that arise from the procedure.
• Identifying in writing on the record sheet, all deviations from Test or Sample Procedures.
• Immediately reporting broken or damaged equipment to the senior person present or the Laboratory Manager.
• Clearing up the work area and put away equipment after the activity is finished.
• Returning remainders of samples to the sample pending area of the laboratory.
• Carrying out calculations on test results as required.
• Maintaining a satisfactory working environment in the laboratory.
• Vehicle cleanliness and maintenance.
• Training staff to carry out test and sampling procedures.
• Assisting in the day to day organisation of staff and resources to perform the lab and site testing required.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
• Good hand-eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
• Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people.
• Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation and to explain complex techniques to interested parties.
• Teamwork skills and patience.
• Attention to detail.
• A good understanding of basic mathematics.
• Full training will be given on all the testing requirements.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.