Design Delivery Manager (Water/Wastewater)–Krakow/Warrington, UK
The Design Delivery Manager will manage multi-disciplinary water and wastewater design packages on complex schemes (£1m to £40m) from tender to completion of construction, utilising knowledge and experience to deliver innovative, sustainable solutions that deliver best overall value, in support of front end design teams, around the globe.
We are seeking a Design Delivery Manager with UK Water Industry experience to support the development of our Global Design Production Centre (GDPC) in Krakow, Poland. The position will be based initially in Krakow for around 6 to 8 months with a number of UK visits, followed by a return to the UK and based at our Warrington office.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Take the lead and responsibility for the overall coordination and production of the multi-disciplinary package designs from tender to completion of construction
• Take responsibility for supporting the front-end delivery team
• Take responsibility for risk management and change management for the packages under your control
• Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief
• Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions
• Overall responsibility to manage the relationships between the front-end Design Manager and technical discipline leads
• Review the designs on a regular basis to identify potential design and build ability issues
• Serve as mentor for technical and design management staff in the GDPC
To be successful in your role, you will:
• Have as a minimum a BEng Degree in relevant subject
• Be a Chartered Engineer
• Have significant experience of and a detailed knowledge of the UK Water Industry
• Have a comprehensive Technical Construction knowledge
• Have knowledge of BIM and its implementation
• Be client focused to build long term relationships
• Have proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs, on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality
• Proven experience in the management of multi-disciplinary design teams in a design-build environment
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Learn more about our collaborative, friendly culture and the ways in which we’re driven to support diversity through multiple networks and initiatives. We support and encourage every employee’s professional growth and provide flexible working conditions where appropriate. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as advance their career.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.