Health & Safety Advisor - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Health & Safety Advisors - Midlands.
Required to work on delivery of essential early works for the HS2 project - including archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds - ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
Your key activities will include:
• Advise and guide agents and other relevant personnel in setting up, implementing and maintaining safety systems.
• Ensure that project management plans meet company standards.
• Carry out periodic site safety inspections and report back findings to site management.
• Ensure that safety issues are discussed at project review meetings.
• Keep and maintain clear records to comply with company internal audit standards.
• Assist site managers with risk assessments and vendor evaluations when requested.
• Communicate and promote the health and safety management ethos and concepts.
• Deliver training as agreed with the senior safety officer / team leader.
• Ensure that project has been provided with the relevant statutory health and safety documentation.
• Identify ideas for improvement and issues encouraged, and submissions submitted to the Head of health and safety for consideration.
• Provide support to site management on incident investigation.
• Liaise directly with site managers.
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience as a site safety officer.
• Thorough knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standards.
• Graduate membership of IOSH.
• Able to deliver internal health and safety management courses.
• Able to advise on health and safety issues on a day to day basis on site.
• Able to conduct standard accident investigations on host site.
• Able to write site inspection reports and audit reports.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.