Roads / Highways Design Team Leader
Roads Design Team Leader (highways):
As Roads Design Team Leader you will provide line management, technical direction and guidance to the team and performance reporting to the Design Manager. You will liaise with asset leads in determining highway asset needs and solutions for the delivery of road design packages.
- Achieve Team and design objectives.
- Support on the reporting of KPIs
- Ensure the design process and procedures are adhered to.
- Encourage process improvements
- Understand commercial and delivery implications
- Provide assurance that roads technical designs produced are safe, right first time and meet operational and contractual requirements
- Lead, manage and mentor the Roads Design team (undertake PDRs etc)
- Manage external designs procured through design chain
- Oversee development of designs
- Ensure the principal designer duties of the company are carried out as per CDM regulations
- Ensure all current standards and best practice are met
- Manage delivery of design services to programme and budget
- Ensure design checks are being carried out in accordance with DMRB
- Experience in road / rail / construction design delivery.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a successful team
- Financially and Commercially aware.
- CSCS card is desirable
*TechEng Ltd is an employment agency for permanent work and employment business for the supply of contract / temporary work.