Senior Consultant - Transport Modelling - Birmingham, UK
CH2M are looking to build upon our growing transportation modelling team within our Birmingham office and to be part of an array of exciting local projects as well as providing support to our international transportation planning operations.
With a very strong forward pipeline of work, you would be involved in working on an existing interesting set of projects for our strategic clients (i.e. local authorities; Highways England and the Department for Transport) as well as the opportunity to support our global teams which in turn will also enable you to develop and build upon your already acquired set of diverse skills and experience.
The key tasks of this role will involve you taking a leading role in the delivery of our strategic transport modelling projects and assist in working alongside our colleagues who are involved in demand forecasting, economic and environmental assessment, transport appraisal and business case development projects for our key clients. Whilst we pride ourselves on our high standards and expectations, we see you as having the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, covering the diverse nature of the CH2M transportation planning business, both in the UK and Globally.
CH2M have a strong reputation for successfully delivering complex strategic projects, to a high standard for our Clients. We are also focussed on providing our staff with the appropriate training and support in the opportunities to progress their careers. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team in Birmingham office, at an exciting time in our business and will enable you to continue to develop your career in this industry.
This is a senior role within the transport modelling team, where you will take the lead in the delivery of our projects with specific responsibilities for:
• Management and technical delivery of transport modelling projects for our strategic clients in the Midlands and the rest of the UK and to support across our international business
• Provision of technical modelling advice to internal team members and Clients
• Working closely with our senior team members, to further develop your technical modelling skills, whilst training and mentoring junior team members
• Quality assurance and peer review of transport modelling work; and
• Business development activities as required
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Demonstrable transport modelling experience
• Knowledge of concepts, principles and theories of broad transport planning, transport modelling, and scheme appraisal Knowledge of data analytical tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, VBA, SQL
• Experience with industry standard strategic transport modelling tools (SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM)
• Degree qualified
• Evidence of being able to manage projects and tasks to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
• Proven capability in data analysis
• Good report writing skills
• Good communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• MSc qualification
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Learn more about our collaborative, friendly culture and the ways in which we’re driven to support diversity through multiple networks and initiatives. We support and encourage every employee’s professional growth and provide flexible working conditions where appropriate. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as advance their career.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.