Foreman - BAM Nuttall - North West
Foreman - Warrington.
We are currently seeking a Foreman, ideally with some Highways experience, to work on our new £104m Highways project upgrading the M62 between Warrington and Manchester.
Your key activities will include:
• Project professional image of self and the company.
• Set personal example and promote best practise in safety, quality and environment.
• Supervise section/trades foreman and sub-contractors.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with rest of site team including engineers, quantity surveyors, safety officers and clerk of works to ensure full understanding of information.
• Monitor and control labour, plant and materials.
• Ensure daily diaries and allocation sheets are up to date.
• Implement and promote safe systems of work over all activities.
• Ensure all records, e.g. plant, temporary works and permits are up to date and in place.
• Contribute to the programme through line manager.
• Work with engineers on setting out information and details of technical information, contributing to the preparation of method statements.
• Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with site team regarding safety, progress, expenditure, costs and programme.
• Ensure tool box talks, safety alerts and method statement briefings are carried out.
• Ensure all statutory weekly or daily inspections are carried out, e.g. weekly safety and environment tours.
• Assist development of the workforce and identify training requirements.
• Ensure high standard of quality on the works to at least meet the specification requirements.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience as a section / trades foreman.
• Good knowledge of company policy and procedures, safety legislation and environment issues.
• Able to read drawings and construct to them, work to a programme and keep written (and preferably electronic) records.
• Demonstrate experience in all major civil engineering activities.
• Able to develop and promote safe systems of work.
• Able to supervise labour gangs, sub-contract operations and section / trades foreman.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.