Senior Ecologist - East Sussex
Senior Ecologist - East Sussex - Competitive Salary
The client, a well-established UK-based environmental consultancy, is currently seeking an Ecologist to join their team based in East Sussex. The client's workload comprises of assessment, survey and mitigation work on a variety of projects including small to large scale housing developments and infrastructure renovation.
This role will consist of managing staff and client communication, data management and protected species licensing.
This exciting role will include:
- To lead and manage a team of both field and office staff
- Driving team objectives and ensuring targets are met.
- Liaising and developing existing relationships with clients.
- The planning and production of ESPM licences, mitigation design and method statements.
- Undertaking site based fieldwork.
To be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- An Ecology degree or a degree in a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience working in ecological consultancy.
- Full membership of CIEEM.
- More than one protected species survey licence.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent report writing skills; including protected species surveys an ESPM licence applications.
- Experience in the survey of bats, GCN, reptiles and water voles.
- Knowledge of UK environmental legislation.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- A full clean UK driving licence.
The client offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or if you are searching for any other roles relating to Ecology then please do not hesitate to contact Katy on (01792) 362015 or please email an up-to-date CV to: email@example.com
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency with respect to this position.