Senior Supervisor required for leading Surfacing & Term Maintenance Contractor
Job Purpose Statement
- Supervise and co-ordinate the contract Supervision of directly-employed and subcontract labour.
- Plan and programme day-to-day operations and schemes in conjunction with the Contract Co-Ordinator.
- Ensure that operational and financial targets and deadlines are met
- Implement works and services according to contract requirements.
- Collect and present measurement information to justify valuations.
- Key Duties
- Work with the Operations Manager in the safe running of the depot and work sites.
- Monitor, implement and control safe working procedures with risk assessments and method statements.
- Organise and resource staff/labour, plant and materials so that the works progress effectively and economically.
- Assist in preparing the weekly works programme.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the contract plan and procedures.
- GiveTool Box Talks to operatives
- Identify and record variations between contract documents and works undertaken, including dayworks, additional works and delays
- Ensure that full records are kept and submitted to substantiate additional payments.
- Monitor/ensure that works measures are carried out.
- Check drawings, site instructions, works orders and contract documents and report any anomalies or lack of information.
- Monitor the standard of work and inform the Operations Manager of problems.
- Take-off materials for procurement against the Contract Programme.
- Check materials delivered to site and report all non-conformities of delivered materials in accordance with VH non-compliance procedures.
- Ensure that all registers for scaffolds, excavations, ladders, plant, lifting tackle and the operators licence are correctly kept.
- Collect and provide measurement information for valuation purposes.
- Assist commercial staff with the pricing and valuing of variations and preparation of monthly financial information as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Supervisors, ensure that the operational area is commercially viable
- Ensure that depots are maintained to standards in accordance with Waste Management Licences, Health and Safety Regulations and Leases.
- Ensure that all staff/labour are productive, motivated, managed and treated fairly (or disciplined) according to good management practice.
- Manage winter maintenance / gritting.
- Minimise costs through correct programming and utilisation of labour, plant, materials and subcontractors.