Electrical Supervisor - Thames Water
We are looking for an Electrical Supervisor on our eight2O Thames Water project to supervise and control all site electrical activities in the most efficient manner, to the specification and within the contract time and cost allowances without risk to the health and safety of all concerned and providing a quality end product, ensuring good customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with SMB's Control of Electrical Works E01 and The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Supervise work to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with Method Statements and Work Instructions from the Project Manager
- Inspect and record incoming materials and their documentation where required by the CMP
- Record the location of materials within the works where traceability is required in the CMP
- Ensure site testing is carried out in line with IEE 17th Edition.
- Assist in planning
- Act as the customer and non electrical trades liaison
- Receipt and issue drawings for site distribution
- Maintain accurate records of variations
- Assist with resource forecasting for quarterly reviews
- Conduct site drawing control, Site reporting, Method Statements and Risk Assessments, Construction completion & Take Over Certificate, as well as technical queries
- Control goods, subcontractors, electrical works and setting out
- Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets.
We're looking for:
- City & Guilds for electrical installation (essential)
- HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering (desirable)
- Good IT skills - with experience of using Word, XLS, outlook and use of the internet
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.