Supervisor - Thames Water
We are currently recruiting a Supervisor to work as part of our Thames Water project. Liaise with and support the Site Manager to coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are met.
- Monitoring and implementing all matters relating to Health and Safety and the environment
- Ensuring current and future work activities are planned and resources available (Plant & Labour)
- Monitoring quality standards
- Monitoring productivity/performance
- Ensure the coordination of a section of works or trade on a larger project or all aspects of a smaller project. And to ensure and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients team.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project teams.
We're looking for:
- Vocational Training
- Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- City & Guilds Construction Certificate (desirable)
- Previous experience of a General Foreman on WWNI schemes.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.